NOTE: this policy only applies to students who have registered through their organization’s registration portal.
The terms and conditions of the drop and transfer policies are agreed to between eCornell and the Organizational Partner Client. If you wish to drop or transfer out of a course please follow the steps below.
- Drop – If a student is requesting to drop out of a course, the request must be made prior to the start of the course. All drop requests must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that all courses are considered started at 12:01am Eastern Time (US) of the course start date.
- Transfer – If you initiate the process no later than 5 pm ET of the day prior to the start of your course, you may request to transfer to a different start date. Follow the appropriate steps below, depending on how payment was made.
- If your course was pre-paid by your company: You must email email@example.com. Please include the preferred new date to begin your course. If you are not sure what dates the course is offered, indicate an approximate time frame of when you wish to be scheduled (e.g. start middle of May, or, avoid these July 1 - 7 as I am on vacation but the next session after that time, etc) Once the request has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email from ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’. Please review this email to be sure the course is scheduled as you requested.
- If your course was paid via credit card: Follow these steps to request a different start date via your student portal
If you do not see an option to “Request Transfer” or if you have any difficulty, please contact the accounting department at email@example.com.
- Log in to your eCornell “Student Portal.”
- Click the “Enrollment History” link.
- Under “My Courses” click the “Request Transfer” link next to the appropriate course title.